Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sheer Cover Review

I received the spring VoxBox from Influenster a few weeks ago and they just opened up the brand challenges. This was my very first VoxBox (and hopefully not last) from Influenster and every box has brand challenges, so I will be posting them for the next few days to complete them.

First of all, Influenster is a really cool program. You take a few surveys to get an initial box (like I did) and then you complete brand challenges to review the products to get more badges to earn more free boxes. The boxes are full of products that are new or that a brand is promoting.

The VoxBoxes are themed and this was in the Spring Beauty Box. The entire box included: Sheer Cover Duo Concealer, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash, Chapstick Lip Shield 365, Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips, Bath and Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist, a SoyJoy bar, and Dr. Scholl's for Her Ball of Foot Cushions.

I was initially most excited about the Sheer Cover concealer, mainly because I needed concealer that day and didn't have any.

 $29.95 for the concealer (non-member price) and $29.95 for the introductory system, which also includes the Duo Concealer. Sheer Cover

The color is light/medium and it usually comes as a kit (with foundation, primer, and a kabuki brush). This was a full-sized sample (3g).
The coverage is pretty good. The formula is extremely creamy and tends to cake a bit on my face. My skin is very dry and tends to be red, so I tend not to use cream concealers or thick liquid foundations. This is great for the occasional blemish or discoloration, but you have to touch-up often. Even with my Bare Minerals on top as a setting powder it tended to wear off fairly easily.

I love how this product has the ability to blend to make a custom color that is perfect for any skin tone. I honestly believe more products need to have a duo color system for more customization.

Conclusion:  I wanted to love this, but it just didn't have the staying power I need. I like the packaging, the colors, the creaminess. My skin just wasn't as accepting. If you have normal/oily skin and few imperfections I think this would work wonderfully.


Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (12.00%). Other Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Source: Sheer Cover)

Potential Irritants: Boron Nitride (reported to show weak fibrogenic activity), Bismuth Oxychloride ("sharp" crystalline structure of the molecule can cause irritation to the skin)



No comments:

Post a Comment